1. The $600 additional unemployment amount will be backdated to claim for the week of March 29th. So make sure you file your claims because the additional money will come.
2. Self-employed individuals should file their claims and continue to file weekly so that when the program is open they will receive that back dated amount from when you started filing.
- Self-employed individuals need to put their information in as the employer (name and address)
- Once they have the process going they will calculate your claimed based on information you provide about previous income you have made. So be prepared to provide proof of income
- The way they announced the calculations today it sounds like they will calculate a KS amount as well a you will get the additional $600.
4. Part-time workers may also be eligible for benefits even though they previously haven't been eligible because you have to be available for full time work.
If you'd like to watch the whole press conference please check it out on Facebook